July 31, 2009

Mommy Confessions: Favorites & the Binky Fairy

#34 I worry that one of my children will become my "favorite." I'm an only child, so I totally don't get it when people with siblings talk about a parents' favorite child. How can you like one more than the other? Maybe you have more in common with one. Maybe you think one is funnier. But a favorite? Really? I hope not.

#35 Peanut still uses a pacifier. We call it Binky. The dentist says Binky has to go away ASAP because it is causing a slight overbite. The truth is, I think I'm more nervous than Peanut for the day the Binky Fairy comes. I picture tears, sleepless nights, no naps, etc. He pictures the brand new Chick Hicks Hauler and Mack Hauler that we told him the Binky Fairy would bring. Perhaps I should get myself a Binky Fairy gift...like a nice bottle of champagne.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Two trucks!! That's a rich fairy you got there. ;-) Ava's fairy only brought one doll. You know, it went easier than I pictured. The first night/day - no fun. The second, better. Third pretty much done with it all. HOWEVER, she might still nap if she had a pacifier. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that everyone needs a fairy. We have a bed fairy. The bed fairy brings little suprises when you stay in your own bed for the entire night... I would like to have a do the laundry fairy, that just does the laundry by magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was having major problems with my son's binky use; well actually it was more like an addiction! My friend absolutely raved about the cut method, and all of the psychology behind it. She found it on www.bye-bye-binky.com which is great that it was free. Desperate with nothing to lose, I tried it. OMGosh... worked beautifully for my son with NO tantrums, not even one! Thank you God. Five days later he did not want anything to do with his binky. Highly recommended! I am also interested in others experiences.... Bella

    ReplyDelete