July 7, 2009

Dish of the Week: Iced Coffee

Okay, so iced coffee isn't exactly a "dish", but I think it's blog-worthy.

I drink two cups of coffee a day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon, when the kids are napping. But lately the afternoons have been pretty warm, so I've been making iced coffee instead. Hot weather or not, I MUST have my afternoon coffee in order to make it through the rest of my day.

Two notes: It's important to make your coffee stronger than you normally would since it's going to get a little watered down from the ice. Also, I've been using agave nectar a lot lately due to it's low glycemic index. It works perfectly in this recipe because it dissolves and mixes quickly, unlike granulated or raw sugar. But if you don't have agave nectar, honey would work well too.

Iced Coffee

8 - 10 ounces of strong freshly brewed coffee
2 tablespoons milk or half and half
2 tablespoons of agave nectar (or honey)
enough ice to fill a glass

Brew your coffee. Meanwhile mix the milk and agave nectar in the bottom of your glass. Fill glass with ice.


Poor the fresh brewed coffee (still hot) over the ice. Looks good already, doesn't it?!


Then stir to mix. Enjoy the cool, frosty afternoon pick-me-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment