August 11, 2009

Dish of the Week: Apricot Blackberry Yogurt Parfait

This is such a simple thing to make. I love it because it combines three of my kids' favorite healthy foods into one meal. They usually eat every last bite. I was inspired to start making these for breakfast after I bought Peanut a yogurt parfait at Starbucks that cost around $4. Not only was that way too expensive for ingredients I already had at home, but I am sure theirs has a lot more sugar (and preservatives) that I would ever think to use.

Our blackberries are coming on strong right now, so I almost had no choice but to include them. I found the apricots to be a nice sweet balance for the tartness of the berries. Have fun & make it yours!


Apricot Blackberry Yogurt Parfait

(makes 1 serving)


1 handful fresh blackberries
1 half apricot, diced

6 - 8oz plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup granola or favorite cereal.

Start by putting your apricots and blackberries at the bottom of a glass bowl.



Then simply top with yogurt and cereal or granola! Voila!



Too many blackberries in your garden? Check out more blackberry recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment