September 8, 2009

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob

The other day I was watching Tyler's Ultimate on the Food Network. I think he may have been making fried chicken or something, but his oven roasted corn on the cob is the only thing that stuck in my brain. So when my father-in-law brought by some fresh picked homegrown corn last night I knew I had to try Tyler's technique. It's so simple. Try it. You will never boil corn again. You will not even bother grilling corn again. If you are like me, you'll probably find a way to make corn part of every meal for the rest of the season just so you can eat corn this way. I'm totally serious.



Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
recipe by Tyler Florence

4 ears fresh corn (that's it. nothing else.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place corn husks directly on the oven rack and roast for 30 minutes or until corn is soft. Peel down the husks and use as a handle when eating.


Note:
I actually put mine on a cookie sheet because I was afraid some of the silk would fall off and burn. I also twisted the husks off when the corn was done...the husk and silk freak my kids out. You can add butter and salt if you really want to, but you won't need it.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite garlic herb bread I make is adapted from that show. AMAZING! And, he's a hottie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete