September 9, 2009

How to Avoid Eating an Entire Batch of Cookies

I love love love chocolate chip cookies. I live for warm, homemade Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookies. I swear it's the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. I love love love these cookies so much, that I'll eat the entire batch myself. My husband might get two, my kids a couple. But then I eat my unfair share, plus the raw dough.

A wise woman in my family (Aunt Colleen? Mom? Cousin Kim? Other Cousin Kim?) taught me that if you freeze your dough in little balls A) You can make fresh baked cookies whenever you want them, and B) You will be less likely to eat them all at once.


Here's what you do:
  1. Make your favorite cookie dough recipe as you normally would.
  2. Bake up a small batch, if you'd like.
  3. Put the rest of the dough in the refrigerator to chill for a couple of hours. I just through my KitchenAid bowl right in the frig!
  4. After the dough is firm, use a small ice cream scoop to make portion-sized balls.
  5. Place balls in a freezer bag, making one flat layer.
  6. Store in freezer.*
  7. When you are ready to bake some cookies, just pull out a couple of dough balls and bake them according to the recipe. You may need to add a little more time since the dough is frozen, but follow your recipe first to be safe...then add time as needed.
*I have no idea how long the dough will keep in the freezer...we usually eat ours up in a week or two.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I personally will eat the entire bag of frozen chocolate chip cookie dough in perfect little balls. Sounds divine! Maybe somehow it's less calories frozen? No? Your picture makes me want to bake them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So WRONG, yet so RIGHT :) thanks for the tip love it!!!

    ReplyDelete