June 9, 2009

Dish of the Week: Blueberry Cloud Pancakes

Doesn't the name just sound lovely? These are my favorite pancakes! I've made them for breakfast and dinner. I think I got the original recipe from a friend in our baby group, but have tweaked it a lot to fit my family's preferences. The blueberries really make these babies pop, but I've also used banana slices and chocolate chips. No matter what, the most important thing is to use real maple syrup. Do not...DO NOT eat these with that high fructose corn syrup garbage in the lady-shaped squeeze bottle!



Blueberry Cloud Pancakes

6 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 cup whole milk
1/8 cup sour cream
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup cottage cheese, drained
1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries

In a blender mix the eggs, oil, vanilla, milk & sour cream. Add the flour & baking soda, then mix again. Add drained cottage cheese and pulse blender a couple of times...just enough to incorporate.

Poor batter on to hot greased griddle. Sprinkle each pancake with several blueberries. Flip when bubbles start to rise. Cook until golden brown. Serve with warm maple syrup.

3 comments:

  1. I like your changes. I do love the original recipe and almost always add cinnamon. I'll have to try these out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon...I hadn't thought of that. Making a note now. :)

    ReplyDelete