May 26, 2009

Dish of the Week: Pina Colada Popsicles


This frozen treat recipe comes from The Toddler Cookbook by Annabel Karmel.

Let me just say that both of my kids went bonkers for these popsicles! We've had warmer weather in Seattle the past couple of weeks, so I picked up a little set of popsicle molds at Target for around $4. I had just been filling them with fruit juice so this recipe sounded like an interesting twist. I think next time I may add a little lime zest because Hubby and I love lime. Also, I think I might try using agave nectar instead of the sugar just to make it a tad bit healthier. Let me know if you try another variation!

Tropical Ice Pops

1 lb canned crushed pineapple
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 large lime

Mix pineapple, sugar & coconut milk in a blender. Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice and mix until well blended. Fill popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment